Beginning March 17, the Austin Hatcher Foundation for Pediatric Cancer's Education Advancement Center will be closed to all patients, staff, and guests in order to prevent the potential spread of the virus. We will monitor the situation and hope to reopen on April 13.
We would like families to continue to feel supported during this time in our community. Below you will find resources to assist you in providing food for your children, supporting their academic needs, and tips for talking to your children about the coronavirus.
How to Talk to Your Children About COVID-19
For more information visit:
Child Mind Institute
If you are in need of information or additional resources to assist your family with emotional, behavioral, or academic support, please email Catie Whiting, LCSW at email@example.com or call her at 423-243-3247.
Please follow the links below for more information regarding the resources available locally to feed your children during this time:
1. Hamilton County
2. Bradley County and Cleveland City
3. Catoosa County
4. New York Pizza Department (5731 TN-153, Hixson) is feeding children free of charge. He asks that families who are truly in need take advantage of this service.
5. Maple Street Biscuit Company on Broad Street is delivering free meals to children in need. Call 423-362-5380 to schedule a delivery.
6. Other restaurants offering free meals for children:
Hibachi + Wings (6933 Lee Highway, Suite 901) 423-305-1231
Wine Down (Cambridge Square, Ooltewah) 423-531-9463
Willow Street Deli (1306 S Willow St.) 423-541-6626
For a fun way to keep your children (and yourselves!) moving, check out local PE coach Aaron Wood's YouTube series!
PE with Coach Wood
Below are some educational resources to keep your children learning while they are home from school. All of these resources are free and available for all ages. Please click on the highlighted name to view the website.
1. Scholastic Learn at Home Lessons - These cross-curricular activities are super fun and educational! Kids can learn everything from why zebras have stripes to how their favorite emoji was made.
2. CK-12 - Free online textbooks in all subjects K-12.
3. Khan Academy - Short video lessons from skilled instructors and quizzes in all subjects and levels. This is great for students needing further instruction on a particular topic.
4. Neo K12 - Educational videos and games on hundreds of topics!
5. YouTube EDU - YouTube's educational format that includes thousands of videos from fractions to how to build a robot.
6. Mystery Science - Fun lessons to encourage children to explore science!
These apps have been recommended by our tutors for help with math homework while home from school. They are free to download in the App Store or Google Play Store:
1. Photo Math
2. Math Way
Please feel free to call or email us if you need any assistance during this time.
Stay on the lookout for more fun activities in the coming weeks!